Calvörde / Germany
Calvörde is a municipality in Ohrekreis in Saxony-Anhalt. To the west the town is limited by the Midland Canal and in the east by the river Ohre. The first mention of the place dates back to the year 1196.At the point at which even today there is a bridge,a trade route crossed the river. In the late 13th century a castle is mentioned, but which in the 18th century was badly dilapidated and demolished.
The baroque Evangelical Church of St. George was built between 1700-1729 by Matheseos and Leonhard Christoph Sturm. Interesting areamong others, the Baroque altar, the Baroque organ and numerous epitaphs and grave stones. The remains of the castle ruins and the half-timbered houses on the market of the place worth visiting. Also the remains of the castle ruins and the half-timbered houses on the market of the place are worth visiting.