Fort-de-France, Martinique (Lesser Antilles) / Caribbean
The port was protected by three forts.
The wonders of Fort de France are among others:
- La Savane, a large park decorated with fountains and tall palm park, where occasionally open-air concerts take lace as well as the Parc Floral, it lies also on the waterfront. In the fruit and vegetable market magnificent coconuts harvested on the island are offered for sale. To the fish market, it is only a short hop.
- Bibliothèque Schoelcher, a colorful building, which is crowned by a Byzantine dome.
- The Cathédrale Saint-Louis from 1895 with magnificent stained glass and beautiful organ.
- Palais de Justice from the year 1906
- The neoclassical Palace of Justice is reminiscent of a French railway station.
- The Musée Départemental d'Archéologie houses exhibits about the inhabitants of the island, while the Aquarium de la Martinique represents the flora and fauna in a tropical river.