Gartz / Germany
Gartz is an appealing small town in the lower Oder valley. The start of the construction works of the St. Stephan's Church goes back to the 13th century. The current church nave was concluded in the second half of the 14th century. The construction of the choir by Heinrich von Brunsberg followed in the 15th century. 1945 the tower and the church nave burned down. 1954 resp. 1982 until 1987 a partial reconstruction took place, since 1993 concerts are organised here on a regular base. The 1850 erected canon shed served for 30 years as a military warehouse. After the withdrawal of the military it was employed as a fire-brigade deposit and storage facility. The City Hall, built in 1900, was erected as a county court and prison. In the sandstone columns at the entrance, the portrait of the former county judge Vendt is displayed. The building has been since 1953 residence of the City Hall. The Ackerbürgermuseum consists on the one hand of the Stettiner Gate and on the other of the former little house of the gate guard, built in the 13th century. Two of the three upper floors accommodate the permanent exhibition on the life and the work in the Ackerbürger city Gartz. On the first floor there are exhibits of the civil household. On the second floor agricultural samples are displayed. Further tourist magnets are the National Park of the lower Oder valley, the Luckow wind mill and the Salvey mill.