MilesAndMore
HOTLINE: 06024 / 6718 0 (MO-FR 9:00-18:00)
Foreign countries: +49 6024 6718 0
//www3.kreuzfahrten.de/data/pictures/user/i2-5969.jpg

List of ports - Germany

Ahsen with its approximately 2,000 inhabitants, is since 1975 a district of the city of Datteln, in the northern Ruhr area. Datteln lies today at four different channels and can thus boast of being the largest canal hub of the world.
Aken on the Elbe is located 13 kilometres westerly of Dessau. In 1889, Franz Weißenborn, the director of the Harbour and Lagerhaus AG,Franz Weißenborn from Wimar signed a contract with the magistrate of the city of Aken, to have the right of use of an area for the building of a harbour. The construction of a traffic port was of an enormous, economical significance for the city. The economical upturn was increased through the building of the railway junction Aken - Köthen in 1890. Nowadays, in the harbour of Aken, bulk freight as well as heavy cargo and containers are loaded and unloaded. In connection with the navigation, the harbour of Aken became a capable inner harbour and centre for logistics.
Alken is a romantic wine- and holiday village with approx. 683 residents. The village is located in the administrative district of Mayen Koblenz, directly by the Moselle and features a landing pier for passenger ships.
Amelsbüren with its 5000 inhabitants is the southernmost and at the same time largest district of the Westphalian city of Münster. First documented in 1137, the city was afflicted over the centuries several times with wars, battles and fires. Its current shape Amelsbüren got in the course of a complete reconstruction in the year 1825.
The North Frisian islands have been inhabited already since 3000 BC. And thus today you can still find in Amrum graves and other relics from the Stone Age, the Bronze Age and Iron Age.
Amrum, the North Frisian island southeast of Foehr, is characterized by its untouched nature. Almost unique in the North Sea sector is the twelve kilometers long and up to 1.5-km-wide "Kniepsand", the sandy beach on the west coast. East of Kniepsand there a dune landscape plies up to 32 meters high and will be traversed. Inland, you will encounter forests and heathland. The best view of the magnificent scenery of Amrum offers the red and white lighthouse in Wittdün.
The city of Andernach is located in the Neuwied Basin on the left bank of the Rhine between Brohl in the north and the Nette estuary in the southeast. In the north of Andernach the Rhine valley narrows again and forms the northern part of the romantic Middle Rhine. The narrow passage between the Andernacher Krahnberg and the opposite Engwetter in Leutesdorf is called Andernacher Gate. In the northwest starts the Eifel, in the southwest the Pellenz. Andernach is a large county town with about 30,000 residents. In 1988 it celebrated its 2000th anniversary. Of tourist interest are today mainly the medieval fortifications and the proximity to the Laacher Lake with the Maria Laach Monastery. Through the city flows the Antel, the Kennelbach, the Schafbach and Deubach but mostly channeled and subterranean. On the left bank of the Rhine lies the harbor basin. It is 650 m long and 90 m wide.
The city Anklam lies on the navigable Peene in the federal state of Brandenburg and is home to 15,200 residents.
The city of Aschaffenburg is located in Lower Franconia on the Main and has about 70,000 residents. The town was founded in the 5th century around a castle and became a principality. Today the university town is often visited for its medieval old town and the nationally known castle.
Assmannshausen with its approximately 1,000 inhabitants located on the right bank of the Rhine, is a district of Ruedesheim and the most famous red wine town in Germany. The Frankish foundation was first mentioned,it is believed, in 1108. Assmannshausen is now a world heritage of the Upper Middle Rhine Valley, a cultural landscape incorporated in 2002 in the UNESCO world heritage.
Through the convenient location on the Rhine Bacharach experienced an economic boom in the early 13th century and at the time was the most important trading, storage and transit place for wine and wood.
Bad Bevensen is a spa town with about 8,800 inhabitants, located in the Lower Saxony land rice Uelzen, at the Ilmenau. The small town in the Lüneburg Heath was known in the second half of the 8th century as a stopover for traveling salesmen. Already since 1929  Bad Bevensen is a nationally recognized spa and with the opening up of the Themal-iodine sole in 1968 began the ascent of the place to one of the most famous spas in Lower Saxony.
The spa town of Bad Breisig with is approximately 8,900 inhabitants is located in the District of Ahrweiler, Rhineland-Palatinate, on the middle Rhine. The name as well as the settlement of the place are of Celtic origin, its history over the centuries until WWII is extremely turbulent. Bad Breisig owes its splendid location on the Rhine and its proximity to some of the Rhenish cities to its popularity with holidaymakers and day trippers.
Bad Essen is a Lower Saxony municipality with around 16,000 inhabitants,located between Middle Mountain and Northern German lowland. The city has a beautiful historical center and is an official part of the German half-timbered street.
Bad Godesberg with its 73,000 inhabitants is a district in Bonn, located on the southern tip of the Bay of Cologne, the densely populated plain between Bonn, Aachen and Dusseldorf. Established was the place in 722 as a place of worship of the West Germanic people of Ubier, under the name, Woudensberg '("Wotan's Mountain"). Bad Godesberg gained more importance in 1210 by the building of the Godesburg Castle.
Bad Griesbach is a health resort in the the Bavarian district of Passau which is well-known for its thermal springs. Together with Bad Füssing and Bad Birnbach Bad Griesbach forms the Lower Bavarian spa triangle. The three sprngs developed in the spa (Nicholas spring, Mary spring and Karl's spring) are up to 60 ° C warm.
Bad Kissingen is a world famous spa town in Lower Franconia on the Franconian Saale. The place became famous due its healing springs, which have already been detected in 823. In the 19th century  Kissingen became a fashionable seaside resort, where many crowned headssuch as Empress Elisabeth of Austria, Tsar Alexander II. And King Ludwig II of Bavaria recovered. Even Chancellor Prince Otto von Bismarck and artists like the writer Leo Tolstoy and the painter Adolph Menzel were among the visitors. According to the results of representative surveys, Bad Kissingen may be called today the "most famous spa town in Germany".
The Elbe quay is docking pier for passenger ships.
From the 16th to the 18th century, Bad Schandau was an important center of the Elbe trade.
The Neckar is the only major river flowing for its almost entire length through Baden-Württemberg from its spring to its outlet.
The city of Baden-Baden is a world-famous spa town in the west of Baden-Württemberg at the northern edge of the Black Forest. Already  the Romans appreciated the hot springs of the settlement and at the end of the 18th century Baden-Baden was discovered as elegant spa. Many stately guest relaxed here and in the course of the 19th century many luxury hotels, the casino and the spa building were built.
Bamberg is an independent city in Franconia (Bavaria) and at the same time seat of the district Bamberg in the district of Upper Franconia. Bamberg is university, archdiocese -, beer and administrative city. The attractive old town is listed as the largest intact preserved historic center in Germany, since 1993 a world heritage site in the list of UNESCO.
Banzkow is a town in the west of the district Parchim in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern (Germany). Banzkow was first mentioned on October 31, 1300. Since the year 1337 there has been a watermill in Banzkow. In 1534 a bridge over and a lock was built on the Stör. In 1760 a post mill was built in Banzkow, in 1872 a neo-Gothic brick church.
Barkow, a part of the municipality Barkhagen, is located in the district of Parchimin the Mecklenburg Lake District. Barkow was first mentioned already in 1274 and until 2004, the year of its merger with Plauerhagen an independent municipality. The area around Barkow is today undoubtedly one of the most beautiful vacation areas in east Germany.
The small town of Barth lies in North Pomerania on the southern shores of the Barth Bodden. The first written document of the historic city dates back to the year 1255. Main sources of income for the population have long been shipbuilding and fishing. With the Usedom bath train there is a direct connection every hour between Barth and Stralsund via Velgast and on to Greifswald and Usedom.
The city lies in the Altmuehl region. The rivers Altmuehl, Sulz and the Main-Danube canal flow through the city. In 1007 Beilngries was first mentioned as "Bilingriez" for the first time in a document. The place belonging to the Diocese of Eichstatt got trade and customs rights on behalf of the bishop and later Pope Victor II in 1053. Around 1300 the Church of St. Walburga was completed and the city was in the late Middle Ages a fortress in the form of wall and ditch that prevented the destruction of the city in the Peasants' War. In 1633 the city surrendered without a fight to the troops of Bernhard of Weimar. In 1802 the last Eichstätt Prince Bishop abdicated and Beilngries was occupied by Bavarian troops. The Ludwig Canal opened in 1846 and served Beilngries mainly for timber and cattle trade.
Beilstein is a community on the Moselle in the Cochem Zell county in Rhineland-Palatinate. It has 148 inhabitants on a surface of 1,68 km². The little community has one of the best preserved historical views on the Moselle and is therefore also called miniature Rothenburg or the "Sleeping Beauty of the Moselle".Towering above the village, which despite its small size has urban character is the Metternich castle ruin, which once belonged to the eponymous princely family.

The place was in the 50s scene of numerous German local films, such as the well-known film adaptation of "The Schinderhannes" with Curd Jürgens.
Berching is a large village in the administrative district Neumarkt in the Oberpfalz in Bavaria. The city is mainly characterized by its location in the Franconian Alps, coupled with the predominantly agricultural use of the area. Since  the Rhine-Main-Danube Canal opened in 1992, Berching has gained considerable tourist interest.
Bergeshövede belongs to Riesenbeck, which in turn is a part of the North Rhine Westphalian little town of Hörstel in the Teutoburg Forest.
Berlin is the capital, most populous and largest city in Germany, also a city-state and thus an independent state in the Federal Republic of Germany. Berlin, by the number of residents is the second largest city (3.4 million) in the EU
The first German Bundestag after reunification decided in 1991 that Berlin as the federal capital should also be the seat of the Bundestag, the Federal Government and the Federal Council. Since 1994, also the first office of the Federal President is in Berlin, in 1999 the government move took place
As one of the most influential political centers of the European Union and due its cultural heritage, Berlin is one of the most visited cities on the continent. The city is a major transportation hub and an important economic, cultural and educational center in Germany. Outstanding institutions such as universities, research institutions, theaters, museums as well as festivals, nightlife and the architecture of Berlin enjoy worldwide reputation.
Spandau is a Berlin district on the Havel Canal, with a beautiful old town. Spandau combines cozy small town with the great city flair of Berlin.
Bernkastel-Kues is a well-known wine and tourist town on the middle Moselle and birthplace of the most famous German philosopher of the Middle Ages, Nicholas of Cusa.
The first settlements date from the time of the linear pottery culture about 3000 BC. The places of Bernkastel on the right and Kues on the left bank of the Moselle were incorporated into the town of Bernkastel-Kues in 1905. Later, the formerly independent municipalities Andel and Wehlen were added. The number of inhabitants is today around7,000.
Besigheim is a small town in the district of Ludwigsburg about 25 km north of Stuttgart.
Bingen am Rhein with about 26,000 inhabitants, is among others, worldfamous due to the Bingen Mouse Tower, where according to legend the stingy Bishop Hatto was eaten by mice. Wildly romantic it stands in the middle of the Rhine and marks for the Rhine ships the no longer dangerous Binger Hole. But Bingen is not only Rhine romance, Bingen is more.
Go on a journey of discovery. Varied and full of contrasts is Bingen today. Between the Rhine and Nahe, on the one side and Kloppberg and Rochusberg on the other side unfolds the town of Bingen. It  has always been for people a particularly favorable development space. From the northern and southern glaciations spared alike, the traces of human settlement date back far.
Like islands in the stream of time the Drusus Bridge, one of the oldest stone bridges in Germany, or the medieval Rhine crane bring the past back to life. The out of Bingen still follows today the Roman and medieval street layout but the cityscape has changed ,of course and combines old and new in charming coexistence.
Between the formerly Prussian district Bingerbrück and Bingen City incorporated in 1969, the Nahe empties into the Rhine  Original name of the settlement was Bingium, Celtic word possibly for "hole in the rock", the name of the shoal behind the Mouse Tower, known as the Binger Hole. Bingen was the starting point of the Ausonius Road, a Roman military road that connected the town with Trier.
Binz is one of the traditional seaside resorts on Rügen, Germany's largest island. From 1860, sporadic bathers were found in a the Binzer village pub. in 1876 the first hotel was built and in 1884 Binz officially became seaside resort.
Bleckede is a town on the Elbe, in the district of Lüneburg, Lower Saxony. The town on the meadows of the Elbe was founded in 1209 by the duke Wilhelm von Lüneburg. The castle stands on the ruins of a fortress whose date is unknown, but which were mentioned for the first time in 1270. The ElbSchloss is used up to this day for the yearly musical festival. Bleckede received town rights already in 1310.
Bad Bodenteich is a town in the midst of the Lüneburg Heath in the district of Uelzen, Lower Saxony and is located on the Elbe-Seiten Canal.
Bad Bodenteich has a total of 3,955 inhabitants.
From a Roman camp to the electoral residence, from the temporary seat of government to the Federal Republic of Germany, finally to the federal city: The city of Bonn with its more than 2,000-year-old history has many faces.
Boppard with about 17,000 inhabitants, is located at the upper middle Rhine, that section of the Rhine, a UNESCO world cultural heritage since 2002.
Viticulture first documented in 643 plays a significant role in the landscape and cityscape.
Borkum is the westernmost and with 36 km² the largest of the seven East Frisian islands in the southern North Sea. Because of the Gulf Stream on the island there is a climate with a particularly poor pollen and iodine-containing air.
It is interesting to mention that not the Battle at the Teutoburg Forest in 9 AD, but the perdition of a great Roman fleet in a storm off Borkum in 16 AD marks the end of the Roman ambitions to subjugate western Germania.
Bant - this name appears at the time of the Carolingian reign, when the area was gained over by Christianity - originally a march island, included the current islands of Borkum, Juist and the western part of Norderney and was especially smashed after the turn of the millennium by massive floods that also wrought major changes on the coast. The rest of the island Bant, located off the coast of Krummhörn southeast of Borkum, disappeared in 1781. For more than a millennium the hisstory of Borkum remained in the dark. It is reported that in the 13th century the cruise fleets anchored off "Borkna".
Borkum was at the time of the Hanseatic shelter of the Liekedeeler (pirates).
Bramsche is located in the Osnabrück region of the Hanseatic about 15 km north of Osnabrück. There, the city is located on the Middleland Canal between the Ankumer height in the northwest and the Nature Park Northern Teutoburg Forest-Wiehengebirge in the southeast.
Brandenburg an der Havel lies in the west of Brandenburg about 70 kilometers west of Berlin on the river Havel important for the inland navigation between Potsdam and Magdeburg. The attractive region is densely wooded and characterized by many lakes and has numerous nature and landscape protection areas. With Beetzsee- and Riewendsee it lies in the nature park Westhavelland.
Braubach is a town with about 3,000 inhabitants in the country of Rhein-Lahn.
The Celts settled the Marksburg Hill already in the La Tene period ( about 400-100 BC). Philip II of Hessen-Rheinfels built from 1568 to 1571 at the southern end of the town Castle Philippsburg as residence. It now houses the European Castles Institute with a library about the history of castles. Only the construction of Philippsburg was the occassion to give the Marksburg its name. The Marksburg is the only undestroyed hilltop castle on the Middle Rhine.
Braunschweig (Lower Saxony Brunswiek) is a large town in northern Germany in the east of the federal state of Lower Saxony. With approximately 245,000 inhabitants it is after Hannover the second large largest city in Lower Saxony. The Braunschweig lion has been the symbol of the city since the 12th century. Braunschweig is located in the alluvial plain on partly brittle, formerly marshy soils on both sides of the river Oker, which flows around the city center in the eastern and western basin
Breege is a municipality in the district of Rügen on the same-named island in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern (Germany). The community is managed by the office of Nord-Rügen with the seat in the municipality Sagard.
The commune Breege is located in the ground moraine area on the Breeger Bodden.
Breisach on the Rhein with about 14,000 inhabitants is a city on the Upper Rhine and thus on the German-French border, about halfway between Colmar and Freiburg (each about 20 km) and about 60 km north of Basel. It lies close to the Kaiserstuhl. Across the Rhine there is a bridge to Neuf-Brisach on the French side.
The climate at Kaiserstuhl is ideal for viticulture: the Kaiserstuhl is the sunniest and warmest vine area in Germany. At the same time the Kaiserstuhl lies in the rain shadow of the Vosges. In the warmest southwest corner in Ihringen only 600 mm of precipitation falls.
Baden hospitality pure you must not miss: in a tavern with simple dishes and delicious wine from own production, everyone feels well quickly. Whether in the enlarged barn, the rustic winery house or the decorated winvery yard - the hosting of guests is quite different - and this individuality also has its charm.
Bremen - city on the river: It flows through the heart of the metropolis, it has made Bremen as trade route proud as the Hanseatic city that is: the Weser. The seafaring atmosphere is still alive today and for tourists particularly charming. The Schlachte Weser promenade invites the residents of Bremen and their guests for a stroll along the river in the midst of the town center. There is feasting in international gastronomy,  watching ships, strolling - shortly: unwinding. Around 2,000 outdoor spaces in the midst of maritime atmosphere annually attract nearly two million visitors to the Schlachte. Ship of any type dock here: from rustic Pfannkuchenschiff, the three-master "Admiral Nelson", up to Hansekogge, the replica of the historic means of transportation from the 13/14 th.
Bremerhaven, founded in 1827, is located north of Bremen on the Unterweser. In 1847 started from Bremerhaven the first regular connection between the US and the European continent. 1947 Wesermünde was renamed Bremerhaven and the state of Bremen was founded.
Brunsbüttel is an industrial and port city on the west coast of Schleswig-Holstein. Lock systems connect here the southwestern end of the Kiel Canal with the Elbe estuary in the North Sea. The marina of Brunsbüttel is the only nationally important North Sea port in Schleswig-Holstein.
Bülstringen is a municipality on the Mittelland canal in Saxony-Anhalt.
Burg is located about 25 km northeast of Saxony-Anhalt's state capital Magdeburg. Important waters in Burg are the river Ihle and the Elbe-Havel Canal. The area around the town was dominated by glacial influence through which the Fläming goes back at whose foothills lies Burg.
The Hirschstein castle is built on top of a craggy granite overslaugh 33 m above the Elbe. It is similar in design to the shape of a ship whose bow points upstream.In the 11th century for many years a white stag was pursued which to escape his hunters, plunged into the abyss. In memorya hunting lodge was built here, called the Hirschstein. Already in 1205 it was first documented as castle.
Calvörde is a municipality in Ohrekreis in Saxony-Anhalt. To the west the town is limited by the Midland Canal and in the east by the river Ohre. The first mention of the place dates back to the year 1196.At the point at which even today there is a bridge,a trade route crossed the river. In the late 13th century a castle is mentioned, but which in the 18th century was badly dilapidated and demolished.
At the exit of the "Cochemer Krampen", a Moselle arch, more than 20 kilometer long, is located at the mouth of the Endertbach, the beautiful county town Cochem with the Cond district on the other side of the Moselle. It is not only the administrative center of the district Cochem-Zell, but also the tourist center between Trier and Koblenz. About 1.5 million day guest visit annually the city, around 450,000 overnight stays were registered.
Cuxhafen lies at the mouth of the Elbe in Lower Saxony and has about 53,000 residents. Cuxhafen is an important fishing port and ship reporting station for Hamburg and the Kiel Canal. The city is relatively young compared to other cities in Germany. Cuxhafen was granted city rights only on March 15, 1907. The settlement history of the city is of course much older. That prove numerous urn remains and a megalithic grave which, in the opinion of archaeologists dates back to 4000 BC.
In Datteln, at the greatestcanal junction of Europe meet together four channels (Dortmund-Ems Canal, Rhine-Herne Canal, Wesel Datteln Canal and Datteln-Hamm Canal). On motor boat rides on the canals you can watch passing ships and enjoy nature. The nearby nature park Hohe Mark is ideal for hiking between a rich variety of flora and fauna.
Deggendorf is referred to by its optimal geographical location also as "Gateway to the Bavarian Forest". The city is located in one of the most charming landscapes of Central Europe.
The Hanseatic and urban town of Demmin county lies on the river nodes of Peene, Trebel and Tollensee, in a scenically charming environment with the natural park "Mecklenburg Switzerland and Lake Kummerow". Since 1283 Demmin has been a member of the Hanseatic League. The granary at Peene Harbor testify to the former importance of Demmin as Hanseatic town.
Dessau became world famous as a place of work of the Bauhaus in the building of the Bauhaus Dessau. Individual neighborhoods are over 1000 years old. The town itself was first documented in 1213. Dessau is surrounded by a wooded floodplain.
The lock Dietfurt of the Main-Danube Canal and the adjacent lock of the historic Ludwig-Danube-Main Canal are impressive witnesses of rapid technological progress. Miracles of nature can be observed at the backwater of Altmuhl: small water dwellers and iridescent birds like the kingfisher use these bits of nature as a habitat.
The lock of the Ludwig-Danube-Main Canal and the lower mill testify of its past use. The Mühlbach spring has probably been there for centuries.
Dietfurt lies in seven Jura valleys, hence the name Dietfurt - "the seven valley town".
For eleven years the Saar has again been made navigable, even for large pusher convoys that bring goods from Rotterdam to Dillingen. The Dillinger marina is due to the Saar channeling. Boats from all over the Saarland have their "home port" here.
The "ÖkoSee" in Dillingen is a biotope. Waterfowl of all kinds have settled down and enjoy the undisturbed peace. Because the "eco lake " is off limits to any form of water sport.
The boat ride on the Elbe and the location as border town in a three-country corner of Hanover, Brandenburg and Mecklenburg dominate the city.
The town lies on a bank of the Elbe sloping to the northeast. There you can walk to the ferry for about 1 km.
Dörpen is a town with 5,000 inhabitants, located in Lower Saxony, in the triangle of the coastal canal and the Ems. The city was first mentioned. as early as the mid-9th century.
Dortmund is of course a household name, but the city, as well as many of the other Ruhr cities is usually underestimated significantly. So go on an expedition and discover the architectural and cultural highlights of the Westphalian economic center.
The village Dranske is located in the northwest of the island of Rügen.
East of Dranske is a magnificent bluff landscape that invites with its beaches for swimming. The place also has a Bodden coast, where you can walk relaxingly on the boardwalk.
The city of Dresden with its 481,000 inhabitants is located in a hilly landscape between Saxon Switzerland and Meissen. The Elbe is next to the Rhine, the busiest waterway in Germany. In Dresden, the oldest paddle steamer fleet in the world has its home.
Despite the destruction during World War II, the old town of Dresden has lost none of its appeal.
Duisburg is located on the Lower Rhine in the western Ruhr area. The independent city is the fifth largest city in North Rhine-Westphalia. The port with its center in the Ruhrort district is considered the largest inland port in Europe. The waterways connect Duisport with most parts of Central and Eastern Europe. For the North Sea ports - particularly Rotterdam and Antwerp - duisport is a strategically important port.
Ruhrort is a district of Duisburg right of the Rhine with around 6,000 inhabitants. Founded in 1371, the city finally received city rights in 1551. In the early 18th century Ruhrort gained some importance due to its shipyard and its harbor. Today the district is located on the route of the so-called 1st theme route ("Duisburg: city and port") ,the route of industrial culture '.
Dusseldorf, the state capital of the federal state of North Rhine-Westphalia lies on the right bank of the Rhine. The mouth of the river Düssel gave the city the name. The Rhine promenade leads directly to the harbor. In early 1990, the port was renewed and like the old town released of through traffic. Modern architecture, pubs and chic restaurants have now moved to the port area.
Eberbach is located in the "Neckartal-Odenwald", approximately 25 km east of Heidelberg, on the romantic castle road along the Neckar.
In the 13th century the Staufer city was founded.
The city lock was built in 1831 and is the oldest operable lock on the Elbe, whose wooden sluice gates are open or closed by means of push rods.
Edesbüttel with its approximately 100 inhabitants is part of the municipality Calberlah in the Lower Saxony county of Gifhorn. Through the town flows the Edesbütteler Riede, a tributary of the Hehlenriede. Calberlah is mentioned for the first time in 1318 as "Kaluerlege" and 1398 already under its present name in writing.
Eisenhüttenstadt is located in the forest and water richest district of the Oder-Spree  connected by the Oder-Spree Canal. After overcoming a difference in height of 15 m to the Oder in the twin shaft lock finished in 1929, on different routes the city of Frankfurt (Oder), Kietz-Küstrin or the neighboring Polish Crossen are called at.
Elsenfeld is a small market town in the Bavarian Lower Main.
Mountains and valleys, forests and meadows, orchards and vineyards, the Main and the Elsava shape the face of Elsenfeld with about 7,000 inhabitants.
The municipality of Elster, consisting of the 3 districts Gielsdorf, Iserbegka and Meltendorf is located in Saxony-Anhalt, 15 km east of Wittenberg. In this 2,600-inhabitant town empties the Schwarze Elster into the Elbe. Elster is first mentioned in 1161 as "burgward district Alstermünde". Until the Second World War the town was an important shipping and fishing village. Today, people are working primarily in agriculture and in small workshops.
Eltville am Rhein, with its 17,000 inhabitants is a town in the Rheingau-Taunus-Kreis. Largest city in the Rheingau, it bears the nickname of wine, champagne, roses and, since 2006, Gutenberg city. First signs of settlement are already demonstrated in the Neolithic period. Continuous settlement exists since the 4th century. The first mention of Eltville, dates back to the year 1058 in the Vita Bardonis, the biography of Archbishop Bardo of Mainz.. In 1332, Emperor Louis the Bavarian conveyed Eltville city rights. From 1347 to 1480 Eltville is the residence of the archbishops of Mainz. Eltville is accessible to touriststoday and famous for the production of wine and champagne and one of 10 "rose towns " of Germany.
Emden, county-level city in East Frisia, is located on the river Ems, opposite the Dollard. As Frisian trading post at the mouth of the Ems the medieval "Amuthon" was around 800 AD. This trading and handling place protected by the Frankish kingdom increased its importance in the 11th century as mint town The first documented mention of Emden as customs house dates back to the year 1244.
To a large harbor of European significance Emden could only develop mid-16th century. The heyday of its economy, the town of Emden had in the late 16th century. In 1576 the famous Renaissance town hall was built, which was rebuilt after being destroyed in the war. After that due to the shift of the riverbed in Ems the importance of the por was greatly reduced. Only in the 20th century Emden was associated with the new constructions of the port  again and become one of the major trading centers for bulk cargo. The city has different faces,on the one hand a strong economy landscape with flourishing seaport, modern wind power technology, on the other side an impressive museum landscape.
Daily about 500 ships pass the Hanseatic city up and downstream.On the Rhein, located on the border with the Netherlands, Emmerich offers its approximately 30,000 residents and guests attractive cultural and leisure offers, a good infrastructure and - in contrast to the vibrant shopping streets of the city - peace and quiet in the typical Lower Rhine forest, meadows - and meadowland.
Erlangen is located on the edge of the Central Franconian basin parallel to the river Regnitz and to the Main-Danube Canal. North of downtown opens the Schwabach coming from the right into the Regnitz. Erlangen is an independent university and medical (technology-) town in the federal state of Bavaria.
An element reaching far back in history but still noticeable is the settlement of Huguenots after the withdrawal of the Edict of Nantes in 1685.
Erlangen is first mentioned in documents in the 1002. In 1361 the village was sold to Emperor Charles IV.. Three years later, a city is laid oud near the village, which gets its own mint in 1374. In 1398 city rights were granted. In 1402 the city becomes part of the principality of Brandenburg-Kulmbach to the Hohenzollern, where it remains until 1806. During the membership to the Margraviate Bayreuth meet in 1686  the first Huguenot refugees from France in Erlangen. For it a new town is built by the Bayreuth Margrave Christian Ernst. In 1706 the old town is almost completely destroyed by fire, but soon rebuilt. In 1812 the old town and the new town are united in one city. The current city center, the former new town Erlangen is worth seeing as an ensemble. It has been built as a Baroque plan and ideal town and is today with its absolutely straight streets and place fronts and the uniform facades of almost entirely two-and three-storey houses to the most important and best preserved of its kind in Germany
The harbor Flensburg lies at the end of the fjords, directly in the city center.
In nine townscapes in the old Episcopalian Residence the visitor can experience the history of Forchheim at first hand. Worth seeing are the historical city core of Forchheim as well as the new Palatinate museum.
Already in the Middle Ages developed the former free imperial city as hub of European trade routes and was for centuries the coronation place of the German emperors. The city is now one of the major European financial and trading centers. Today 368 banks including the German Bundesbank and around 230 foreign banks as well as the world's fourth largest stock exchange have their headquarters here. With 569,000 jobs, Frankfurt has almost as many employees as inhabitants (650,000).
The city is known for its internationality and multilingualism. This is also reflected in the international Rhein-Main airport, with more than 45 million passengers per year. It is the second largest in Europe. Across the borders of Europe the Frankfurt Fair, by the way,  the oldest in the world, is also known.
The old Hanseatic city Frankfurt offers a large number of sights. Of the great past of the city speak the preserved or restored mighty monuments of north German brick Gothic, like the city hall or the Lady Church with its unique wonderful glass paintings, a detailed depiction of the Biblical history, the renowned "Picture Bible", they will be completely visitable once the restoration has been concluded, however regular exhibitions are already taking place now. Frankfurt is a Kleist city, the poet was born here, the Kleist museum stands here. Frankfurt has, additionally, further museums worth seeing, for example the Museum Viadrina in the former “Junkerhaus”, or the Museum Young Art with one of the most important collections of East Germany and the GDR. And, last but not least, Frankfurt is a green city with many beautiful old parks, the 250 hectar large Helene lake with its fine sandbeach, crystal-clear water and the large camping site, with a breathtakingly beautiful environment - to read in Theodor Fontane's “Hiking through the Brandenburg Mark”.