MilesAndMore
HOTLINE: 06024 / 6718 0 (MO-FR 9:00-18:00)
Foreign countries: +49 6024 6718 0
//www3.kreuzfahrten.de/data/pictures/user/i2-5969.jpg

List of ports - Hungary

The capital of Hungary is also called the "Paris of the East" and came into existence only in 1873 from the two cities Buda (right of the Danube) and Pest (left of the Danube). Budapest, with its incomparable flair is positioning point for many Danube cruises.
The tranquil village Csanytelek is located in the small district Csongrad, 140km from the capital Budapest. The town is known as the most important place of cultivating early vegetables in the country. Fishing and fish farming are also known to have a long tradition.
Dunaföldvár is a picturesque little town with around 10,000 inhabitants, located in the center of Hungary, on the banks of the Danube.
The charming town at the Danube bend, Esztergom, which was in the Middle Ages for three centuries royal residence and therefore government center has been for over a thousand years the seat of the Archbishop and the Primate of Hungary. Esztergom is located 66 km north-west of Budapest and has around 34,000 inhabitants today.
Fajsz located on the eastern bank of the Danube, about 120 km south of Budapest. About 2,000 people live in this town. The area around Fajsz is considered the center of Hungarian paprika production.
Kalocsa lies 120 km south of Budapest on the eastern shore of the Danube. It is a town of about 17,000 residents.It has an eventful history behind it, was destroyed several times, last in WWII, but was always rebuilt.
Komárom is a town in northern Hungary with about 20,000 inhabitants, it is located on the right bank of the Danube. On theother side of the Danube is the Slovakian sister city Komarno in Slovakia. (See description there) The towns are connected by the Elisabeth Bridge.In both cities  predominantly Hungarian is spoken. Komarom has experienced in recent years a big economic boom through the settlement of Audi and Nokia.
Mohács is a Hungarian city on the right bank of the Danube, near the border with Croatia and Serbia.
The name of the town with the southernmost Danube port of Hungary is closely linked to a national disaster. On August 29, 1526, the Hungarians defeated the Turks in the Battle of Mohács.
With this defeat began the 150-year-old Turkish rule, whose architectural traces can still be seen throughout the country.
On the occasion of the 400th anniversary of the first battle, from the public donations of a votive church in the Byzantine style, the "memorial church on the battlefield" was erected on the main square of the city. To the foundation of this church that offers space for 3600 people was brought a kg of earth from each of the three thousand Hungarian communities, 52 cities and the twenty-five courtyards for commemoration   in order to symbolize the national cohesion.
Ordas is a municipality with about 540 inhabitants in the southern Hungarian county Bács-Kiskus, on the banks of the Danube.
Paks is a city with about 20,000 inhabitants, located in the Hungarian county of Tolna, on the banks of the Danube.
Solt is a Hungarian city on the Danube with almost 8,000 inhabitants. Over a bridge, Solt is very well connected with Transdanubia on the other Danube side. In Solt, you can choose between sports, gastronomy and relaxation - or do not miss anything and enjoy all leisure activities.
Szeged is a Hungarian city with over 150,000 inhabitants. It lies entirely in the south of the country on the Tisza.
The favorable situation helped the city to its rapid growth. Already the Romans settled here and called the town Partiscum, and also the Hunnic King Attila is said to have had a base here. Salt, gold and wood were the goods of the city. In the 19th century, Szeged was even the capital of Hungary, but was shortly afterwards almost completely destroyed during a flood. However, the town was again booming and today is mainly a leader in the food industry.
In terms of tourism, however, Szeged still has a lot to offer regarding its historical buildings and sites, most of which are buildings built after the devastating flood.
Located on the confluence of the Tisza and Zagyva, the town of Szolnok formed a strategically important point centuries ago. In wood and salt trade, the city was significant, and later also in agricultural goods. In 1901 an artists' colony was founded in Szolnok, whose works are still exhibited in the former synagogue.
Szolnok today has about 60,000 inhabitants.
Tahitótfalu is a Hungarian municipality located on the banks of the Danube. Traces indicate a long history of settling in the past several thousand years. The place is famous today for its excellent wines.
Tiszafüred, famous for its wonderful pottery, is one of the most popular tourist resorts on the Hungarian Lake Tisza. This one has its own secluded bays, tiny islets, soft water and abundant fish. For swimming invite the lukewarm waters of the shallow shore, the deeper places invite for sailing, windsurfing and water skiing. Very popular are also boat rides on the water-lily covered backwater
The wine town of Tokaj is located in the east of Hungary in the region by the same name, which is made up of numerous hills and valleys, which were created about 30 million years ago by volcanic activity. Here are not only small, cozy villages, but also rustic river and meadow landscapes.
Visegrád is a town in the Hungarian county of Pest, about 40 km north of Budapest on the Danube. It is famous for its medieval castle on a hillside on the Danube Bend. The Romans already recognized the strategic position of the village and erected a legionary camp to protect the borders of the province of Pannonia. At the beginning of the tenth century, Hungarian tribes took possession of the land, who extended and strengthened the Roman fortifications that still existed. Visegrád experienced its heyday under the rule of Matthias Corvinus and his wife Beatrix of Aragón. As of 1476, the castle was rebuilt in the late Gothic style and extended by Italian artists to a splendid Renaissance palace. The castle, which was almost completely destroyed by retreating Turkish troops in 1685 has been excavated and restored since 1934.